This weekend, the Greater Halifax Partnership joined the 100in1Day Halifax to bring the #myHFXpledge to the community. 100in1Day Halifax is a citizen driven festival to unite people across the city to make Halifax a better place by creating acts of urban change known as “interventions”. These interventions aim to raise awareness of urban and social issues, inspire ideas, and motivate us to consider new approaches to issues in Halifax.
From collecting food for the food bank, to writing post cards with ideas on how to improve the city, to community clean-ups and guerilla gardening, 100in1Day shows that when the community comes together, great ideas and action happens.
This is exactly what the #myHFXpledge is all about. With nearly 275 community members of all ages and backgrounds having already taken the Pledge, the movement is growing.
There are so many champions for the city already working to share good news and optimism across the city. The #myHFXpledge helps to celebrate and connect these champions to create real, positive change in Halifax.
What is the #MyHfxPledge?
#myHFXpledge is a commitment to share your love for Halifax and champion our city near and far. Those who take the pledge join a growing movement of people, businesses and organizations across Halifax who believe in dreaming big, taking risks, and experimenting together to create a more innovative and successful Halifax.
By taking the #myHFXpledge you are joining a movement of people championing Halifax and taking action to improve our city. As part of this movement you will have the opportunity to take part in collaborative cafes and Halifax Innovation Ecosystem groups and projects. Plus, you’ll receive exciting news about Halifax to share with your friends, family, and networks.
Four reasons why should you take the pledge
- You love Halifax and want to share your positive, win-win attitude.
- You’re ready for change! You’re ready to create real, lasting change in our community.
- You want to work with others in Halifax on common social and economic goals to help Halifax grow and thrive.
- You celebrate success and are ready to be a champion for this city.
How do I make #myHFXpledge?
Take the #myHFXpledge by simply clicking on the button below.
Already Made Your Pledge?
Here are some next steps you can take to live the pledge:
- Nominate others to take the pledge. Be sure to let your friends, family and other connections know about the pledge and challenge them to make their commitment too. You can share it on social media with a message like:
I took the #myHFXpledge to help #Halifax succeed. Now I nominate you
(tag people here) http://ht.ly/wSRan
2. Start living the pledge! At home, work and in your community take action on your own and with others to create a more confident, welcoming, and innovative Halifax.
3. Stay tuned for updates on the Halifax Innovation Ecosystem, a community-driven network of people in Halifax working together on projects to improve our city.
Sarah Beatty joined the Partnership in 2014 and is a whole-hearted champion of the city. As communication co-ordinator she works to help share and celebrate the stories of Halifax’s success.
You can reach Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org